Dr. Ho has appeared on both local TV (Channel News Asia, Mediacorp Channel 5 TV Prime Time Morning and Channel 8早安你好) as well as overseas TV (Jakarta Metro TV) programmes.
He has been interviewed on a variety of chronic pain topics in both English and Mandarin on radio talk shows including News FM93.8 Body and Soul, Capital FM95.8 健康乐活, Love FM97.2, and UFM100.3. In addition, he has been interviewed by local newspapers (Straits Times, Lianhe Zaobao, Shin Min Daily and Lianhe Wanbao) and overseas newspapers (The Borneo Post, Sin Chew Jit Poh and Nanyang Siang Pau).
In his spare time, Dr Ho contributes articles to Straits Times and Lianhe Zaobao. He was also a regular columnist for Wanbao from 2015 to 2017.
Dr. Ho has published more than 50 peer-reviewed research articles and book chapters on topics related to pain management and anaesthesia. He has delivered more than 200 lectures at regional and international medical conferences and training workshops.
1. Ho KY, Chiu JW. Fast-track anaesthesia for day-case surgery. KK Hospital Review 2002; 5(1): 4-18.
2. Ho KY, Chiu JW. Fast-track anaesthesia for day-case surgery: What are the issues? Asean Journal of Anaesthesiology 2003; 4(1): 14-36.
3. Ho KY, Chua WL, Lim SST, Ng ASB. A comparison between single and double breath vital capacity inhalation induction with 8% sevoflurane in children. Paediatr Anaesth 2004 Jun; 14(6): 457-61.
4. Ho KY, Chiu JW. Multimodal antiemetic therapy and emetic risk-profiling. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2005 May; 34(2): 196-205.
5. Ho KY, Gan TJ. The impact of intraoperative analgesia on the prevention of chronic postoperative pain. COPE (Coalition for Pain Education Newsletter) 2006; 1(1): 5.
6. Ho KY, Gan TJ. Book review on: The Year in Anesthesia and Critical Care, Vol. 1. By Hunter J, Cook T, Priebe H-J, Struys M, eds. Oxford, UK: Clinical Publishing, 2005. Anesth Analg 2006; 102: 1300-1.
7. Ho KY. Vascular uptake of contrast despite negative aspiration in interlaminar cervical epidural injection. Pain Physician 2006 Jul; 9(3): 267-268.
8. Ho KY. Gabapentin for postoperative nausea and vomiting prophylaxis. J Postgrad Medicine 2006 Jul-Sep; 52(3): 230.
9. Ho KY, Gan TJ. Chapter 39: Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting. In: Complications in Anesthesiology, 3rd edition. Editors: Lobato EB, Gravenstein N, Kirby RR. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; Philadelphia, PA. 2007. Page 571-580.
10. Ho KY, Nagi PA, Gray L, Huh BK. An alternative approach to ganglion impar neurolysis under computed tomography guidance for recurrent vulva cancer. Anesthesiology 2006 Oct; 105(4): 861-862.
11. Ho KY, Gan TJ, Habib AS. Gabapentin and postoperative pain – a systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Pain 2006 Dec; 126(1-3): 91-101.
12. Ho KY, Gan TJ. Pharmacology, pharmacogenetics, and clinical efficacy of 5-hydroxytryptamine type 3 receptor antagonists for postoperative nausea and vomiting. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 2006 Dec; 19(6): 606-611.
13. Lim Y, Sia AT, Ho KY, Teo A. Combined spinal epidural analgesia for labor with and without 3 ml of 1.5 % epidural lidocaine. Med Sci Monit Jan 2007; 13(1): CR9-13.
14. Huerto A, Ho KY. Interventional management of cancer pain. SGH Proceedings 2007; 16(1): 4-11.
15. Ho KY, Gan TJ. Management of persistent post-dural puncture headache after repeated epidural blood patch: case report. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2007 May; 51(5): 633-636.
16. Ho KY, Tan KH. Botulinum toxin A for myofascial trigger point injection: a qualitative systematic review. Eur J Pain 2007 Jul; 11(5): 519-527.
17. Huerto APS, Yeo SN, Ho KY. Piriformis muscle injection using ultrasonography and motor stimulation – report of a technique. Pain Physician 2007 Sep; 10(5): 687-690.
18. Ho KY, Huh BK, White WD, Yeh CC, Miller EJ. Topical amitriptyline versus lidocaine in the treatment of neuropathic pain. Clin J Pain 2008 Jan; 24(1): 51-55.
19. Dooley JD, Beadles C, Ho KY, Sair F, Gray-Leithe L, Huh BK. Computed tomography-guided bilateral transdiscal superior hypogastric plexus neurolysis. Pain Medicine 2008 April; 9(3): 345-347.
20. Ho KY, Manghnani P. Acute monoplegia after lysis of epidural adhesions: A case report. Pain Practice 2008 Aug; 8(5): 404-407.
An innovative RF technique that allows the creation of large-volume, spherical lesions to treat nerves that cause pain.